Sunday, March 6, 2016

Losing Eight Pounds in 5 Days?!

I found a "cleanse" featuring parsley, lemon and water which claims to reduce belly fat by 8 pounds in 5 days.  I decided that I want to debunk this, just to see what happens! 
Not that I need to.  I mean, I'm pretty dang sexy.  I just want to see what happens.  I'm one of those lucky (lucky?!) women who gains weight in her thighs and rear instead of around her middle.  I always have a gap at the back of my pants at the waist even when the zipper refuses to budge because apparently if women have a sizable derriere, it must mean that we are fat everywhere.  Amirite, ladies?

In order to attempt to be scientific, I am not changing my exercise habits, nor am I changing what I eat.  The instructions didn't say to!

Started: Sunday February 28
Looking good from the front!
Trifle belly! <3

Weight Saturday night: 200.2 pounds
(weight Sunday morning: 196.8 pounds, which just goes to show you how much my weigh can fluctuate just over night)

Waist inches: 32.5

Day 1: Directions aren't very clear.  Says to drink it on an empty stomach, but how long do I have to wait to eat afterwards?  My Vitamix didn't exactly puree the parsley either, and I was left with floating chunks that tasted like... well, like grass.  I gulped it down.  I guess there are worse ways to start your morning!

Day 2: Figured out that my Vitamix can pulverize the parsley if I turn it up to 5 or 6.  Cool!  I had a cup that is pond-water green.  It tasted better than it looked.  Kind of like a citrus grass.  Not unpleasant though; just different.  I don't even need any sugar!  I felt kind of blah today, but I'm thinking it's because I didn't really eat much for breakfast (as usual) and waited until almost 1 to eat.

Day 3:  Feeling pretty great today, despite the fact that I have been going to the bathroom more than normal.  I have a feeling this is all my "water weight" coming off.  I haven't been drinking much water lately though.  Not that I ever really drink a lot of water.  Nausea is kicking in hard though.  I'm not sure if this is because I haven't been eating much for breakfast or not.

Day 4: Intestinal distress.  Ugggh, I feel awful.  I could barely choke down the parsley drink this morning.  I thought I was going to puke it up.  Decided that this morning would be my last.  I didn't want to risk more intestinal distress, and I was sick of feeling nauseated all the time.

Thursday Morning:
A little bit of bloat gone...
Looks the same to me!
Waist inches: 32 
 Weight: 198.6

Technically I gained two pounds from my weight on Saturday.  But I lost a half an inch from my waist.  Perhaps there was a bit of overnight bloat gone, but definitely not eight pounds of belly fat.

So all told, this did not work for me.  Maybe if I had been working out and watching what I eat, I would have had better luck.  I mean, I get pretty good results from just 20 minutes a day of working out for two weeks.  Better than this drink.

Save yourself and your taste buds.  This diuretic just isn't worth it.


No comments:

Post a Comment