Saturday, March 21, 2015

A New Spring, a Fresh Start

Yesterday was the first day of spring!  That means we're not going to get any more snow, right?

Well, I'm not sure about that. But I do know that trees are blooming!  The birch tree outside of my window has long, cylindrical flower buds on the end of it, and I found some sticks clusters of maple blossoms on them the other day.  It's easy to feel the power of spring ramping up.  I think that's why spring is my favorite season (shh, don't tell autumn!).

One of the best parts about spring, other than the joy of light coming back, is spring cleaning!  I used to hate cleaning of any sort, but now that I'm an "adult", I do dishes on a regular basis, and try to do laundry (though most of it ends up folded in laundry baskets instead of put away in the closet).  I have come to love seeing things that are really dirty become clean again, whether the dirt is food or clutter or toilet stains (gross!).  There's something extremely satisfying about cleaning.

So that's sort of what this blog is dedicated too.  I am cleaning, but not just the physical rooms around me.  I am also working on clearing out the clutter from my life.  I have finally decided to quit working part time at a famous coffee chain.  I have decided to rid myself of negative energy.  I have decided to commit to becoming healthier not only mentally and emotionally but spiritually and physically as well.  I am going to begin the purge by cleaning out my apartment, clearing unnecessary stress from my life.  Welcome to the journey of the Crazy Fit Cat Lady!

This blog will feature whatever I feel like-- probably a lot of pictures of my cats and the ducks that live in the ponds at my apartment complex-- recipes that I have tried and like, my experiments (both disastrous and successful) with fashion, spiritual experiences or epiphanies, my passion for nature education; basically my journey of becoming as true to me as I possibly can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment