Thursday, August 20, 2015

Synchronized

Have you ever experienced synchronicity?  Some people choose to call it coincidence.  I don't believe in coincidence; ever since college, I believe that everything happens for a reason.

Some people don't believe that everything happens for a reason; they chalk their experiences up to coincidence and move on.  Like, when you are thinking constantly about yor best friend and your phone rings; it's her.  Or when you pick up the phone to call your mom and then your phone rings-- and it's your mom calling you.

It doesn't seem like much to those who are outside of your perspective.  Most of the time others don't even notice things that you find coincidental.  That's because our perceptions of the universe are all different.  We see things differently and different things have meaning to us.

For example, I notice little things in nature that no one else sees.  I watch red-tailed hawks at the park when no one else looks.  I see fish sitting close to shore when no one else notices.  I watch turtles slide into the water before anyone has realized that they're there.  This is because I have basically trained my brain to notice these things.  They are important to me.  I will do my happy dance if I see a hummingbird on my porch or a wood duck gliding through a pond.

Perhaps there are things in your life that you notice that no one else looks at.  Maybe you find loose change that has spilled on the ground.  Maybe you notice people's rings when you hand them their money or coffee.  Maybe you even see repeating numbers a lot when you look at license plates or the clock.

Maybe you are wondering how on earth you can afford a haircut and then bam! a stylist from down the road comes into your business and drops off coupons for a free haircut.  Or maybe you're wondering, "Who gets sick in the summer?" because you never do, then bam! you catch a headcold from hell.

These types of events are coincidence to some, but I believe that they are a synchronization of the vibrations from our inside world into the outside world.  Here we go again, more Law of Attraction stuff!  But I'm telling you, I have seen so much evidence that this is true.

We build our own realities based on the information that we are given throughout our lives.  For example, a child who is constantly rejected by her peers, teachers, family and strangers because she is too "loud" or "emotional" will learn through experience to shut down emotionally.  A child whose parents teach him that sports are awesome is far more likely to enjoy them than someone like me, whose parents didn't give two figs about watching sports (for which I am completely grateful).  These experiences shape who these children become and what they find as important.  This will also shape what they view as coincidence or not.  Maybe the boy's favorite team only wins when he doesn't wash his socks, so he believes that if he doesn't wash his socks all season, that team will win (and then they do).  Okay, that's not really a coincidence, but you get the idea.

I keep a journal of all the coincidences that happened every day to me.  Sometimes things don't happen immediately; you could be waiting weeks or months before it pops into your reality.  This is because you may not be paying close enough attention.  It could be passing in front of your face and you would never know it.  Have you ever been driving, and at one point you are 15 minutes away from home, and then all of a sudden you're at your garage and don't know how you got there?  That's because your conscious mind was lost in thought, but your subconscious mind was paying attention to the road.  So even though you aren't paying attention, you are still able to react to things as you normally would.  

Example from my own life.

I recently got a new car.  Its payments aren't more than I can afford, since I had been "overpaying" on my last loan so that some of the money could remain in my savings account (I transferred payments from that savings account to the car loan).  I am paying more than I wanted to since now I can't put the extra money into savings, it all goes into the car loan.  I freaked out after I bought it because how could I pay this much for this long on my current pay grade without a) going back to work at Starbucks, and b) putting any money away for savings?

I worried about this for all of June, then one of my friends got a full-time job and called me up to ask if I could substitute for her at an awesome little nature-based preschool.  "Um, duh!" I replied.  (Kids plus nature equals happy little cat lady).  I managed to make more than enough to cover my first car payment.  There's the Universe, showing up just when we need it most, even though I wasn't paying attention or even conscious of it.


Start a journal of all the "coincidences" in your life.  I bet you'll find more than you were expecting!

No comments:

Post a Comment