Friday, June 5, 2015

Mercury Sable

Mercury is in retrograde until June 11th.  What does this mean?  From an astronomical point of view, this means that the planet appears to be tracking backwards through the sky.  This happens a couple times a year and lasts for about two weeks.  From an astrological point of view, it means chaos.  A lot of people will blame Mercury being in retrograde for things going wrong in their lives.  Mercury does effect a lot of things, from travel to communication.  Astrologers advise that this is not the time to buy a house, accept a new job, or go on that exotic vacation that you've been planning.  Since this current retrograde is happening in Gemini, that means be extra careful when traveling.

Hmm, guess who got into a car accident on June 1st? (Smack in the middle of Mercury in retrograde.)

This girl.

I am totally fine; it was a low-speed collision.  My car has been totaled, though, since I basically got my engine block crushed.  It's always hard when something that you thought you'd have for ten years (or more) has been ripped away from you.  Luckily, the guy who hit me drove off, so I don't have to worry about paying for his repairs or being ticketed.  Bless and release.  Find the silver lining.

I believe that this was a wake-up call for me.  I have been pretending to be happy, while disquiet rages inside of me.  That's not to say that I hadn't felt true joy, it just hadn't been on the top of my mind to actually pursue joy; I was more concerned about forcing out my negativity.  Pretending helps sometimes; the act of smiling releases endorphins from your brain.  Even if you're not feeling happy, faking a smile can sometimes pull you out of a dour mood (I learned this from experience working at Starbucks).  But faking it can only take you so far.  After that, it's your decision to feel better.  You can either get your negativity out and feel better, or you can stuff it down and smother/cover it like Waffle House hash browns.

I chose to feel better after my wreck-of-a-Monday last week.  The day could have progressed into a total shitstorm.  I had to take a drug test (since I was on the clock when the accident happened) at work, my lunch was too spicy to eat, it was overcast (those days always affect my mood for the worse), my period started, I was worried about money, I got lost going to the (closed) restaurant for dinner, and I had to cancel the first day of my program.  I could have let the negativity drag me down, but instead, I chose to have my sense of humor.  I made jokes while in the cop car filling out my report.  I laughed about stupid things.  I focused on the positivity of seeing the first ducklings at my apartment complex and my bunny friend.  It's the little things that help you through.  I stopped making excuses for how I was feeling, as though it were beyond my control.  I accepted my negative emotions and was amazed at how quickly they vanished.

This is the hardest journey I have ever been on; the journey to deal with my negative emotions.  It's so much easier to cover them up with mindless entertainment like TV or Facebook instead of working through them.  But I have found that I feel much, much lighter after blessing and releasing my negative emotions.  My work isn't done, and I feel as though I have hardly started, but a step backward after a step forward doesn't mean failure.  It just means you're doing the Electric Slide.



Here's a helpful article in case you're curious to know how to survive Mercury in retrograde.


No comments:

Post a Comment