Monday, June 29, 2015

Rain, Rain, Go Away

There are days that I really dislike living in Ohio. Most of them are Saturdays in the fall (I really don't care about Ohio State Football), but most others are usually weather related.  I tend to thrive in sunny weather, which is why I have been doing so well recently.  Long days coupled with summer sunshine make me a happy person!

Unfortunately, this June has been one of the rainiest months ever.  As you can see from this picture below, Ohio is like, the only state getting rained on today.


I really shouldn't complain.  After all, today was the International Mud Day Celebration and I didn't think we'd get anyone to show up, but 27 kids came out to play in the rain and mud!  But the gray weather does grate on my nerves.  I find myself getting more and more depressed on cloudy days.  If we have a month like this in the fall, then I'm usually in for a terrible winter.
 
I wouldn't be so crusty about this if I hadn't just gone to North Carolina to visit my brother. We had gorgeous weather the whole time. Granted, it was hot, but I am a flamingo and I like warm weather.  I love a good 95 degree day with low humidity.  We had blue skies and plenty of sun on all of our walks, which made me fall in love with the city he's living in.

Then I start thinking... could I leave my city?  Everyone I know lives near here.  Do I really want an adventure in another state?

Resounding "yes" in my heart.  What are you doing to me, heart?  Trying to make you happy.  Yep, go figure.

Since the full moon is coming up on Wednesday, and there will be a blue moon in July (which means that there are two full moons in the month), I am preparing to let go of things no longer serving me.  I fully expect that the changes I desire will come about.  I just have to let go and go with the flow.

That's the hardest part for me, going with the flow.  I would rather try to control than relax.  But, like Grand Moff Tarkin, I must loosen my grasp in order to allow other star systems in.

I can't wait to see what August will bring.

No comments:

Post a Comment