Monday, July 20, 2015

Magnetic Clarity

I got a job offer today.  I knew that I would, knew I was a shoe-in.  No one can resist my enthusiasm, let alone people who work at a camp.  (I am an enthusiasm plague.)  The job was for a position that would assist with off-season programming like high ropes, low ropes, nature walks, all sorts of science-y programs for schoolkids, plus a living history underground railroad program where the kids get to be slaves on the underground railroad and see what it was really like.  I was able to visit the camp grounds during the interview and get a tour of the place, see what it would be like to work there.  I got so excited because this job was so right up my alley and I really, really wanted to accept.

I could teach kids all about this pine tree, which is what I love to do!
I turned it down.
If you've read this blog or you know me, you're probably thinking, "What?" I know, I even surprised myself.
The pay wasn't what I needed, and the commute was pretty long (hour and a half).  Still, I thought about maybe trying to do it anyway, since it was a full time gig, which is way better than my current job.  I honestly wanted to just throw caution to the wind and do whatever makes me deliriously happy.  But I couldn't do it.
As I drove home today, I was reminded of a post from one of my favorite bloggers, Kelli Cooper.  She does a lot of blogging about the Law of Attraction (if you don't know what that is, look into it because it's amazing).  I read her post called Signs What You Want is On the Way a while ago, set it on the back burner, and only remembered it today, after I got a voicemail from the camp, asking me if I wanted the position.
I fretted over this decision for a good long time, thought that if I turned it down, I would be telling the Universe that I valued money, my boyfriend, my apartment in Ohio more than I valued the kind of work I would be able to do.   Luckily, it doesn't work like that.

Kelli says, "Ah, the ‘almost’ manifestations. These can really start to mess with your mind. You set an intention to get something, and you attract a situation that is not quite what you wanted. It has some good points, but there are some elements that don’t sit quite well."
That 100% describes this situation.  I realized, as I thought over Kelli's blog post, that I get to choose.  That this means that the Universe is bringing me close to what I want, and I get to decide the specifics.  I get to choose whether or not to take the long commute and not perfect pay.  If I chose not to take the job, I would be sending a signal to the Universe which says, "Thank you, but this is not exactly what I want".

She goes on to say, "You are creating your reality, and as such, you get to decide whether something that pops in is something you want or something you don’t. You get to be discerning. There is never just one shot, or one opportunity. There are infinite.  When you start manifesting stuff like this, it shows you are moving closer for sure."
I liken this situation to a rainbow.  (Yay metaphors!)
See how it's brighter in the dark clouds?
 So I'm at the mid-point of the rainbow in this picture.  Even though I might feel like this job is what I want, it's not exactly what I want.  I have to slide down the rainbow clarifying as I go in order to get exactly what I want.  Only then will it show up clearly in my life.  Also the slide will get faster and faster, until I crash-land in the trees (which, let's face it, is exactly where I want to be).

All this momentum that I'm building is so darn exciting.

Oh, by the way, I did get another offer, to work for an outdoorsy preschool as their number one substitute teacher this fall.  And that one I did accept, without hesitation.

Everything happens for a reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment